Friday, September 18, 2009

Frustrating Deployment Experience!

I've deployed a few simple AJAX-enabled web pages to a local server that is accessed through the Internet by just two people: me & a client.

When running locally in the VS2008 environment it works perfectly fine but when accessed through this server there are frequent and mysterious timeouts. There appears to be no pattern to when & why they occur. Sometimes I get strange errors with codes in the 40000 & 50000 range. Other times it just hangs. There is so little load on this server that I do not understand why this is occurring.

I suspect this is an AJAX related problem but am not sure of that. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar and might have some tips about how to resolve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment